Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Baking a cake!

I get off of my long day of schooling, and I am sure I want to do just what you all do. Write a blog about what you learned and got to cut up in your anatomy class. But, what is even better then getting to chop up some cow eye you ask! Why cake of course! So I come home and this is waiting for me on the kitchen counter. No, not the mess, however I did clean up a bit before getting started on my quest for CAKEDOM!

 The Pillsbury "Moist Supreme" devil's food cake. Not a bad choice i must say. Whoever decided to pick it up and force me to bake it sure had a good idea!

However my evil plans of making my whole household fat were seemingly cut short when I found our supply of oil or butter had been exhausted! But then searching my vast memory banks I came up with a simple solution my grandmother had taught me because she was a weirdo who did not put sugar or fat in her baked goods. That's right! I used APPLE SAUCE in place of the fantastic butter that everybody loves. However, unless you have well trained gustatory senses I would doubt you would be able to tell the difference.

 Then being even more lazy then calling boxed cakes home made, I busted out the PAM to grease my pan! Time saved : Approximately 2 mins!
Then I decided I did not want just any ordinary cake! I wanted to do something great! Something that had never been done before! SO , I whipped up a box of cookies to go along with our devils food cake! BUT NO! It was not any ordinary bowl of cookie dough, it was EXTRA RUNNY! so I POURED that whole thing allll over my cake!
The results were astounding! I must say I impressed even myself. If only somebody else had been there to marvel at my creation!

OH, let not your eyes deceive you, this is in fact a cake with an extra layer of cookie on top! The master piece in the making was then placed in the oven!

350 Degrees F and 31 Mins later the deliciousness had come out of the oven with perfection gleaming and even a bit of an artistic touch. I was proud of my creation, unlike that Dr. Frankenstein, my monster would prove to be a bountiful heap of delicious!

I only ask you one thing. What could make a monster of tasty delicious even better? The thing it craves, what a cake naturally cries out for. FROSTING! That I will have to apply in about 30 mins though, as it would melt.














So come back soon to see me eating my creations of wonders with the added benefit of chocolate frosting!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! And why, may I ask, were not your sister, brother-in-law and favoritest nephew invited to partake of this bountiful deliciousness??? You taunt us with your pictorial display. You antagonize us with your verbiage! For committing such offense, you are thus required to recreate said bounty for them to enjoy! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can put canned frosting in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then pour it over your concoction. If you spread it with a knife, it might tear up your top layer. Thanks for following me. I shall follow you too.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it just occurred to me that I should mention the following: If you soften the frosting in the microwave, please remove the foil cover under the plastic lid.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete